Removing the 295cc Robin Engine from a 2001 EZGO TXT

rjwenter

Hi Guys. Thanks to a lot of help here I got the courage to remove my engine from the golf cart today. It went fairly well.

I decided to make my very first YouTube video. It's long, but helpful I think. Please go easy on me I'm sure I did some things the hard way, but the motor is out. Just hoping this video will help some other novices like me down the line.

I have decided to do the Vegas Cart 625 engine swap. Once that get's rolling I will start another thread tracking my progress. I will also try to continue to make videos as I go along - I just think they're overall more helpful than just pictures. Anyway, hope you enjoy. More to come if I don't die of heatstroke :)

This isn't a question as much as it's a how-to. I hope I am not posting in the incorrect area.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I haven't watched the whole video yet but thanks for posting it. I'm sure it will help others that are pulling a engine out of a EZGO cart.

rjwenter

I hope so. It's long and my first video ever. I suppose I'll get better at editing :) Just wanted to give it a shot since I've gotten a lot of help and I couldn't find a good video showing the motor removal.

turbo130

I installed a Vegas Carts engine in my wife's 1999 EZGO TXT. The install went very well and have had few problems with it. That said the muffler that came with the install kit was way too loud. I was able to get a small automobile muffler from Summit Racing and it is almost as quite as the original cart muffler.

rjwenter

Thanks for the input Turbo130. Hopefully the install will go well. I just got box 1 of 2, but haven't had a chance to start messing with it. Too busy restoring everything on the cart now that it's apart. Hoping to start the install next weekend.

turbo130

I haven't been on the forum in awhile, I can't find the paperwork for the muffler from summit racing I think it is one for an older Toyota. Summit racing has all of my orders on file I will call them Monday and get the part number.