Remove Oil Pump on Yamaha G1

WallysWorld

Hi all, I have read guys that mix their own fuel on Yamaha G1 golf carts have said to remove the gear in the oil pump. My question is can the entire pump be removed off of the pump housing? The housing would need to be installed for clearance reasons, but the pump seems to be useless at this point.

Thank you

WallysWorld

I should have done a little more Googleing before post the question, sorry. Found my answer.

for those that are wondering yourself, removing the pump and gear is acceptable, just need to plug the carb inlet and I am going to plug the hole in the pump housing so junk wont get in there too.

HenleyHayd

Hi,
Can I ask if she’s running OK using premix fuel? I have a leak on my pump and thinking of losing it altogether as she is is early 80’s.

WallysWorld

Running Great right now! still in the break-in stages so running 3 oz to 5 gallons of NON synthetic. Removing the oil pump cleaned up the engine bay a bunch too.

HenleyHayd

Brain explosion! Working in litres over here. So the nearest I can get is roughly 200:1 using your 3 ounces to 5 Gallons?
I know HotRodCarts mentioned 1 ounce for 1 Gallon... that works out at roughly 125:1

Also...moving to premix...do I need to change the fuel filter in any way?