Removal of steering wheel

proudfather01

I just purchased a used '04 Club Car PS, and have yet to get a manual for it. I have noted that when the wheels are pointed straight ahead, the steering wheel is not lined up corretly. I have removed the score card section from the steering wheel, and also removed the 15mm bolt from the steering wheel, yet I can't get it off the column. Do I need to use a little more force to remove and align the steering wheel to the 12 o'clock position? Thanks for any words of wisdom in advance.

Lyle

JRay

Cartaholic
Put the nut back on a few threads and save some teeth. Soak it down with pb blaster or something similiar, let it sit overnite, put both feet on dash and knees under wheel, pull up while pushing up with knees . rock it around , it will come off. Never seen one yet would't come off, be persistent.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

There's a couple things that usually work for getting the steering wheel off. First start the nut back on the shaft until the threads are close to flush with the top of the nut. While pulling up on the steering wheel hit the bottom with a rubber mallet.

If that doesn't work with the nut started on the threads sit on the seat and put your feet on top of the dash and knees under the steering wheel. While pushing up with your knees hit the nut with a hammer and a brass drift.

Make sure you have the nut started on the shaft to protect the threads and your teeth when the wheel pops free...

JRay

Cartaholic
rotflmao.gif
Yep thats how it be done
thumbup.gif

proudfather01

Thanks for the help gang, will give it a shot tomorrow. I wear dentures so I will leave the teeth in the house when I go to work on the cart, so they will be safe.....

JRay

Cartaholic
You gotta protect your assets, teeth are expensive to repair, either store bought or natural.
yikes2.gif

gornoman

A friend with a Club Car showed me how to do it from underneath the front cowl. I can't remember what he turned (with a wrench). but it dialed the wheel right in and left the alignment just the way it was. I'll see if I can contact him and get the explanation.