Rebuilt Controllers

hillside

Does anyone know an expert on rebuilding controllers? Would love to learn how but can't find info anywhere. Somebody must be keeping it a secret.

MikesMotorToys

Secret is buy an AllTrax when the stocker goes bad
thumbup.gif

hillside

I know that alltrax has the best thing going but many of my customers can't afford it. I don't mind getting them a rebuilt but would be nice if I could do it myself.

Andy4639

Well I wished I knew too! I know they can be rebuilt and know they are able to upgrade them also. I to wish I knew how. If you ever find out how to pleas let me know!
thumbup.gif

MikesMotorToys

I've been in the golf biz longer than there has been a solid state controller. I've had no luck with rebuilts - sometimes a cheap fix isn't always best...

dougmcp

There are common things that go bad in controllers but the parts are mainly available in bulk from the orient. Add to that, the equipment that you would have to set up to test your rebuilds would far outweigh any cost savings you would be able to offer your customers.
Nice thought but I don't see the upside to this.

riverrat006

cool.gif
OPS Sales turns my controllers around in 24-36 hours. Never had a problem or comeback.
888-363-0941.

Have heard numerous stories of bad rebuild but 35 years fixin electric forklifts and carts, never had those type of problems.

rhaney

Hello, Read this post because I have a "shot" Curtis Contoller. Called OPS, and was told they only work with dealers----just an FYI----Bob