RC Cars

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
My oldest son, who has moved to the Carolina's had some RC trucks he left in the attic. He used to race both gas and electric competitively (locally). Anyway he has a bunch of stuff - my youngest son and grandson has drug all that stuff out and wanting to get them running, anyone on here knowledgeable on these things?

qwik

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I have a good sized collection of RC cars and trucks both gas and electric. If the controllers were stored with batteries in them they are probably shot. How long have they have been in storage? The Ni-Cad or lithium batteries that power the cars can also go bad from sitting.

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
are you saying the batteries or controller are probably bad? They have been stored for a few years...well quite a few years, say 10 - 12 something like that. I figured we'd be buying batteries. Actually just bought some today, one pack to an electric truck and a pack that went to a gas engine starter. bought new fuel, fuel line hoses, glow plugs, and some other miscellaneous items.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I would think if the controllers were sitting for 10-12 years with batteries in them the batteries would have leaked and corroded things up in the controllers. Only one way to find out, put new batteries in them and see if they work. :twocents:

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I tossed 8 nitro traxxas trucks from sitting for 5 years. Tires rotted, everything was crud. I bought new ones. I have two xmaxx and a Rustler Brushless that runs so fast it takes flight and tears :censored: up. Also blows the rear tires off that have been glued and bead locks. Fun for a few minutes then it's fix this, that on and on.

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Son found a new friend through this "shelter at home" :rotflmao: and this boy tinkers with them and wanted him to come over and run them. So, now he is trying to get them on the mend.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
They're almost all waterproof now too. Tires still pull water cause have little hole to allow flex and foam sucks water up and the tires will literally blow apart at high speed. It's fun to watch but expensive :rotflmao:

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Well, got my grandsons back up and running - its a Traxxas 4X4 lectric and it just needed a new battery pack 35$ - it's only a couple years old, stupid thing was still 350$+ a couple years ago. Shoulda bought him a golf car. :rotflmao: he drives mine...