Questions on updating a 1993 Club Car DS

jessflueck

I'm updating a 1993 club car and wanted to look at replacing the metal frame and arm rests that are on the front seat, I can't find any parts that replace this. Do i even need the metal frame that surrounds the lower seat? Can i take it off and add new arm rests that are for a new model? I'm also trying to add rear seat belts and can't figure out which model to get, I have new rear seats on there but can't figure out where to put the seat belt arm, any help would be awesome, thanks!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Do you have some pictures of what your working with.

Welcome to the Forum:hattip::usa:

jessflueck

Yes... attached. So I’m referring to the metal frame around the inside of the seat that is also the arm rests. Thanks!

Attachments

• C805E5A2-5CA4-4660-858F-34FDA50A163F.jpeg
    C805E5A2-5CA4-4660-858F-34FDA50A163F.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 85AA9300-A0A6-45C9-8BC6-72F8AF1037B2.jpeg
    85AA9300-A0A6-45C9-8BC6-72F8AF1037B2.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
If the frame is not part of the seat hinge it can be removed, most carts do not have the full frame:twocents:

jessflueck

Ok so you don’t think I need it on there? The seat brackets aren’t attached to it but it does seem to seal the seat to the body when lowered.... I have to remove it to change the seat covers anyway. Do you know which handles (arm rest things!) I can put on this model?

jessflueck

Oh. I can’t figure out how to attached rear seat belts to this cart. The bar I have doesn’t seem to be correct (donated by a friend) so it might not be the correct model. The front seats on a 93 DS are too far forward to attach the bar to and there are no rear seat struts so I don’t know where to attach the belt assembly....

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I have only seen rear seat belts mounted to the front seat back struts.
Ok so you don’t think I need it on there? The seat brackets aren’t attached to it but it does seem to seal the seat to the body when lowered.... I have to remove it to change the seat covers anyway. Do you know which handles (arm rest things!) I can put on this model?
Why do you want to remove the old ones?

jessflueck

I have only seen rear seat belts mounted to the front seat back struts.

Why do you want to remove the old ones?
I wanted to update the handles but I’m ok with leaving them too. They are kinda old school looking which I like actually.