Questions on updating a 1993 Club Car DS

jessflueck

I'm updating a 1993 club car and wanted to look at replacing the metal frame and arm rests that are on the front seat, I can't find any parts that replace this. Do i even need the metal frame that surrounds the lower seat? Can i take it off and add new arm rests that are for a new model? I'm also trying to add rear seat belts and can't figure out which model to get, I have new rear seats on there but can't figure out where to put the seat belt arm, any help would be awesome, thanks!

Nubs

Cartaholic
If the frame is not part of the seat hinge it can be removed, most carts do not have the full frame:twocents:

jessflueck

Ok so you don’t think I need it on there? The seat brackets aren’t attached to it but it does seem to seal the seat to the body when lowered.... I have to remove it to change the seat covers anyway. Do you know which handles (arm rest things!) I can put on this model?

jessflueck

Oh. I can’t figure out how to attached rear seat belts to this cart. The bar I have doesn’t seem to be correct (donated by a friend) so it might not be the correct model. The front seats on a 93 DS are too far forward to attach the bar to and there are no rear seat struts so I don’t know where to attach the belt assembly....

Nubs

Cartaholic
I have only seen rear seat belts mounted to the front seat back struts.
Ok so you don’t think I need it on there? The seat brackets aren’t attached to it but it does seem to seal the seat to the body when lowered.... I have to remove it to change the seat covers anyway. Do you know which handles (arm rest things!) I can put on this model?
Why do you want to remove the old ones?

jessflueck

I have only seen rear seat belts mounted to the front seat back struts.

Why do you want to remove the old ones?
I wanted to update the handles but I’m ok with leaving them too. They are kinda old school looking which I like actually.