Push Notifications

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
so Rod when i log into this website it has a message at the bottom of the screen that wants me to choose to allow push notifications and i have chosen never ask again every time i have had to log back in since the upgrade. just so you know.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Hmmm, Are you using a phone or a mobile device? That message is for pushing notifications to a supported device and if you chose never it shouldn't keep asking. Try clicking on your name at the top of the forum and then click preferences. You'll see a button for disabling or enabling push notifications. Make sure that's set to disabled.
Thanks for letting me know. :hattip:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The push notifications are actually pretty nice but it shouldn't keep asking if you select never. I've just posted about this on the forum software developers website to see what's up. What make and model is you phone?

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
i have a samsung galaxy s7. so i went into the settings and it looked like it was right but i went through and changed some of the settings and logged out and back in then it was fine. it occurs to me that it usually happens after i have cleared my cookies and deleted browser history. let me try that and log back in and see what happens

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
so after clearing cookies and browser history. it asked for permission to enable push again i clicked on the x then the option for it to never ask again was there again

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
that doesnt make sense the website should remember that i have chosen that. just thought you should know. it doesnt really bother me.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
OK I just looked using my phone. Go back to your preferences and scroll down and you should see a blue button that says disable push notifications. Push that and let me know what happens.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Ok so it's already disabled so it shouldn't even be asking you. Try logging out again and log back in but don't clear your cookies.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
it occurs to me that it usually happens after i have cleared my cookies and deleted browser history.
I missed this part of your post. If you clear your cookies for the forum it's going to ask again when you log in. That information is stored in the cookie.