Programming Club Car to High Speed

Baldy_54

Mainly curious about controller programming. When I purchased our 2002 Club Car, the service man asked if I wanted the cart programmed to the high speed setting? I said, no. Question, what is the normal speed of a Club Car golf cart and what increase in speed do you get in the high speed position (programmed)? If I wanted to get it upped, what should it cost to do so?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
The price is set by your dealer. I have a schematic posted for a two speed device if you would like to build it about 25 to 50 dollars it will give you code 4 speed and the speed you have now

Baldy_54

Is this 2 speed device available on here? I might like to build one. Does this work without having to get the cart re-programmed?

Diode

Baldy-54
I just designed a circuit board for this 2 speed unit if interested, I can sell the board alone, or a parts kit. all you need to do is solder the components on the board.

let me know if interested this will give you speed code 4 and what ever code you have now.

I have not done final cost, board should be about $15.00, total parts kit including board about $45.00, plus shipping.
these are ball park prices just to give you an idea.

dirtysouth

You could take it back where you bought it and have them set it on level 3. Level 4 is 2mph more, not worth the money. The place you bought it from has a programmer and can set it to level 3 for notta. 17mph on stock tire and gear. :twocents: :hattip:

Diode

Close

this is just reference from the book batteries will make a difference

JRay

Cartaholic
When you buy a Club Car IQ golf cart from a dealer level 3 is the way to go. the price of level 4 usually 75 to 100 is really not worth it. :twocents:

Diode

100 dollars yes thats why I designed the circuit that gives you code 4 with a switch and allows two speed operation

Diode

this is out of the book

1 commercial speed 8.0mph
2 slow golf speed 13.2mph
3 Normal golf speed 14.8
4 Private speed mode 19.6