Problems After Installing Alltrax XTC 400, HD Solenoid and 2 Gauge Cables

Myz8a4re

Hey folks. I have a 2016 Club Car Precedent (JE1611) 48 volt sepex motor that I just installed an Alltrax XCT 400 controller, 200 amp solenoid and 2 gauge cables and having problems. After install the cart does a pulsing type movement in both forwards and backwards. Like a slight bucking (go/stop/go) and only moving about 1mph in three processes. I didn't do it long because I figured the contactor was for some reason opening and closing fast and I didn't want to damage anything. I yanked everything apart and double checked all the connections according to the alltrax paperwork as well as the paperwork that came from the company I purchased from. I was told by the seller the controller would be set up with the proper field map and settings for my particular cart. I did a battery test prior to the install across the pack, each battery separately and under load across the pack using a volt meter. All checked good. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Does this sound like somthing anyone has ever ran across? I appreciate any input you can offer!

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Who did you buy it from and what did they tell you.
Have you downloaded the alltrax software.
If you have what field map is installed .
And what throttle is it set up for.
When was the last time you charged the batteries and what is their voltage

Myz8a4re

Hi, ScottyB from Carts Unlimited sold me the kit. He said the controller would be set up for my cart. I have not downloaded the software to check on those things. The batteries were charged fully and maintaining on the (eric) charger up to the point of install (charged over night). I get 52v across the pack. 8.5-8.6v per battery. When I checked them under load (flat land, no hills) they dipped to 48v when I matted the go pedal but quickly came up to 50+ volts. Does the studder while moving slow sound like somthing you have heard of previously? I appreciate your input!

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I would get a hold of him because if there’s a problem with the controller he is the only one that can get it warranted I would download the software and run the monitor part of the program

Myz8a4re

I have contacted ScottyB, I was hoping to hear a reply from him today. I will download the software do that. I was hoping it sounded like I just mixed somthing up, like it is a common thing. But it's sounding like I may have a bigger issue. Thanks again for your help!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Let us know what the problem is once you figure it out or if you have have any other questions. Welcome to Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. :hattip: