problem with a club car conversion

nascartin

Hey guys im new here been on a few other cart forums before..
problem im having was with a 36 volt resistor cart conversion to a GE 700 amp controller and D380 motor.. Installed the ned HD f/r board new HD solenoid. All 4 Ga Wire. and also wired in a V-Glide potentiometer.. I Have double checked all the wires to a from all parts based on a diagram that was sent to me from the parts supplier..
Ok now here is the trouble. after everything is all hooked up i step on the gas pedal and click the solenoid closes and nothing else. tested and power is going through. now on the controller. this is the first Ge controller i have used.. I have full voltage to the B+ an B - on the controller but on the M output im getting a positive output from the controller... shouldnt that be a - ?
Also here is where its a lil wierd. on the motor using a volt meter when the gas pedal is pressed i can get a + reading on all four motor contacts with the negative test lead on the main battery -.. any thoughts? where might i have gone wrong.. also on this controller there is no A2 only 3 large contacts.. thanks any help would be appreciated been waiting to get all the parts in now i want to take it out for a spin.

Matt

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

What did you do with the cables that were hooked to A2 on the old controller? You need to bolt them together and tape then VERY well or make a new cable.

nascartin

Hi HOT ROD.
the cart is or sould i say was a 36 volt 97 resistor cart.. there wasnt a controller when i started.
Matt

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I guess I should have read you original post better
redface.gif

If you can post a pic of the diagram you used it would make it easier to answer. Where did you buy the conversion kit?

Maybe someone who has done this conversion can shed some light on this one.

JRay

Cartaholic
In the custom conversion section [High Voltage] is my post when i did mine. I used a 95 cc drawing to wire mine, just forget the obc part. Should be a 95 diagram in the resources section here.