Powerwise Battery Charger Got Wet

hardtop1

I have a Power Wise 36 volt charger that has gotten wet the last time we used it. It now does not work, Help an old man out, what can I do?
wallbash.gif

shadowman

take the cover off and see how wet it is inside...........dry everything you can and get a compressor to try and blow dry everything than just keep your fingers crossed...........................
thumbup.gif

hardtop1

I checked the fuse inside the charger for continuity, it checks OK. It appears to be dry inside, it got wet 2 weeks ago or so.

hardtop1

I checked voltage on the pack and it is 37.32 on a fluke tester, the batteries are new. What about the circuit board, is that a place to check and how?
usaflag1.gif

dougmcp

Are you sure you have power to the charger, check for 110v at the plug.
You have a Fluke meter and anyone who spends that much for one knows how to use it.
Take the cover off the charger and start tracing the power.

hardtop1

Well, here's the latest I have found; the charger is fine. I checked it out and could not find a thing wrong. Put the charger to another cart, it works great. I am sure that some very kind and very smart forum member will know what is wrong. The charger plug on the cart has no fuse inside the case.
wallbash.gif
Thanks for the help.

dougmcp

There is a reed switch inside the charger receptacle, it has a small wire to it and it is probably blown. Try bypassing that switch and see if your charger comes on.

hardtop1

That is it!!! Bypassing that switch did it. Thank You! I checked out your photos of your cart, very nice. I used to park my '78 Corvette on carpet too!
tip.gif
usaflag1.gif

dougmcp

Congrats on the fix.
It is a safety so that you can't drive your cart while it is still plugged in.
They are expensive and some choose not to fix them.
As a reminder, put your charging cord through the steering wheel when charging so you don't forget it's plugged in.