Popped the Cherry.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Was going for a ride down the side of the railroad tracks, came up on a few trestles, no big deal, seen that atvs had been there before, came up on this one, my dad got off, I went left of the big rocks and was going to nail it up the other side, BUT in that grass was a big hump, front went over it but the rear tire stopped me. No problem I'll back out and hit it again. Nope she spun, well ended up with the motor pan bottomed out.
Went to digging out, tree limbs as shovel. Oops now the belt is wet, unclogged the small creek and let the water level get below the rear pully. Ok ran it for a bit and got the belt dry.
Now the sand had filled in and had hold of the tire, wouldn't turn them, subframe jumped a bit as the belt slipped, ohh :censored: smoke, won't crank now WTH.. lifted the seat to find the battery had shifted and the + lug ground out on the frame and completely melted the plastic off of the ground cable and melted it off of it's lug. Oh crap and we are out in the middle of nowhere.
So break out the "mini" multi tool and fixed it. Well let's just say when she started going I gave it all she had, mud slinging, dad fell down from pushing in front and I went back up the hill. He's a wet mess and we still took the long way home.
Hope you guys enjoyed it, we did for the most part.
Will not do this again until I have my new 12ft pull come along and 50' of synthetic rope, my tool bag and fix my battery setup.
Fun Sunday man. Thanks to anyone who has helped me build this thing, I'm definitely putting it to use.
20190707_131547.jpg
20190707_131556.jpg
20190707_131605.jpg
20190707_131641.jpg
20190707_130156.jpg
20190707_130127.jpg

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
Lmao! Looks and sounds like quite the adventure. Glad y'all made the most of it. Lots of folks would give in, give up.
Note: might want to install battery hold down and a duffle bag for change of clothes lol

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
Wife's been wanting to cruise our hood but it's to hot for her. Saying this crap should clear first of week.:rolleyes:
If I took her somewhere like that, she'd be the only one to make it out alive:unsure::rotflmao:

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Yeah the guy I got it had just rigged up the battery, I've not got around to dealing with it yet, have to now.
And yeah this buggy has let me and my dad get out and wheel again. Going to need to start asking property owners about letting us ride some two rut roads as we are about to run out of places to go. Wasn't supposed to be on the tracks but hey, I grew up around them and many memories of railroad tracks, and the train hardly ever goes down these anymore.
I'm putting together a big tool bag, come along, synthetic rope and hooks.. I want to brace up my new receiver hitch so I could actually use it lol. I'll have this thing as capable as can and needs to be for me.
I'll pack up and go on a 2 day trip and camp out on the way soon.
I'll have a nice adventure wright up then.

Get out and get muddy guys, come on I can't be the only one that does this here am I?

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Oh I so want one, but still will have a come along as you can pull sideways up and over a limb to lift. Move a log etc.
I plan on building a good front bumper and hope to add a winch.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
Get out and get muddy guys, come on I can't be the only one that does this here am I?

I'm to lazy to wash the cart lol

slim67

Yeah the guy I got it had just rigged up the battery, I've not got around to dealing with it yet, have to now.
And yeah this buggy has let me and my dad get out and wheel again. Going to need to start asking property owners about letting us ride some two rut roads as we are about to run out of places to go. Wasn't supposed to be on the tracks but hey, I grew up around them and many memories of railroad tracks, and the train hardly ever goes down these anymore.
I'm putting together a big tool bag, come along, synthetic rope and hooks.. I want to brace up my new receiver hitch so I could actually use it lol. I'll have this thing as capable as can and needs to be for me.
I'll pack up and go on a 2 day trip and camp out on the way soon.
I'll have a nice adventure wright up then.

No you are not. I wish i could hook up with some other off road cart guys but there arent any in NE Ohio that I know of. I would love to do a run at CAW if I had time. Ive been to Perry State forest in central Ohio and Mines and Meadows ATV park in west PA a few times but Im always the only cart.