Polaris Breeze Sparks After Installing Alltrax Converter

hdot

I purchased a Alltrax converter for my 2011 Polaris Breeze, because the original converter was to expensive. I hooked everything thing up according to the schematics. When I hooked the final wire to the positive battery terminal I get a large spark. My battery post melted a little. I am not sure why it is happening. I tried unhooking the controller and attached only the solenoid and I still get a large spark. I am confused

hdot

Question. Why would I have a violent spark from my battery when I am installing a new 6, 8 volts battery pack and new Alltrax controller. Could this be a caused from a bad solenoid? I am confused?

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
Typically there is a draw from the new converter and other components . I am not sure about the brand you bought but on the brands I am familiar with they do the same thing. I usually install a switch between the positive post and voltage reducer and that will eliminate that problem.:twocents:

hdot

Thanks. Is this the similar voltage converter that you are referring to? I am not sure about the switch that you are referring to. I am new to this.

Attachments

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
No that is not the reducer I have used as I used a OEM factory reducer from EZ-Go and it had 5 wires. The switch I was mentioning would be installed between the + post and the reducer allowing you to connect the wire to the battery and then turn switch on eliminating the sparking. Also allows you to switch off and remove wire from + post without sparking.

hdot

I thought the voltage converter was for hooking up added accessories, like a horn or lights. My cart is sparking when I put my new controller in. Do I hook the solenoid to the accessories cable of the converter, instead of hooking the solenoid directly to the + and - of the battery directly once I put the converter in?

Attachments

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
I am sorry I thought you were hooking up or replacing a voltage reducer. It appears you are replacing a controller and I am not familiar with club cars. I usually run in the opposite direction on them.

hdot

Do anyone know which pins I should move around to match my programmed Alltrax motor controller? I purchased a Alltrax controller for my 2011 Polaris Breeeze, but I am not sure which pins I should relocate to match the new Alltac XCT48 controller.

Attachments