Plum Quick Lift Kit Review

cives

I will give my feedback and review about the Plum Quick 6" Club Car lift kit after having it for a little while.
1. The camber adjustment, my tires are so out of alignment. Never have been able to get it right.
2. They are not stable at all at high speeds it is hard for me to drive straight. Going down hills I actually slow down cause I'm scared of flipping never felt like that with my old lift.
3. The steering is a lot easier than my old lift.

plum-quick-lift-kit.jpg

TheCartDude

Cartaholic
First, brief analysis of the kit:

Looks like good metal in a mediocre design. First thing I pointed out about that kit (when it first came out) was that it would seriously lack stability. Lateral forces are that kit's enemies. You have a solid arm and a flexible leaf holding that spindle on, and no matter what you do you will have an actively changing camber because the leaf with bend AND compress. A solid adjustable lower arm would correct this. It's a revolutionary design, but revolutionary does not equal good. BU wouldn't sell lower camber arms with their kits unless they were necessary, and the Plum Quick lift does not have a magical made in US charm that enables it to defy basic physics. I don't even have to drive it to tell you this.

A good idea? Yes
Can the lift kits be improved upon? Yes, depending on what options are left.
Is Cives the only one with these problems? Probably not, which won't be good for Plum Quick's business.
Can the lift kits steer well? Yes, but that in itself is what causes a stability problem.
Does he have other good products? Yes, I think he does, but this particular issue will probably overshadow them.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Cives wound up crashing the cart with the lift Plum Quick Lift Kit. He was in the hospital for a few days messed up pretty bad.
There's a thread on the forum about it with pics of him and the cart. This was back in 2006 before any of the forum wars.
Bad Golf Cart Wreck Today

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not saying the Plum Quick Lift Kit caused the crash but we've all seen pictures of this contraption they call a lift so you be the judge. :eek:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Dude! thats beautiful, gorno loves facts so this is right up his alley. I wonder if this happened before or after robby steen at plum quick received his engineering degree? Maybe more layers of paint would have helped?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Don't be fooled by the paint and welded handle, save your money and buy the stock motor. you can always buy the performance paint upgrade from the hardware store.

goirish

I noticed some of those plum quick motors have some extra holes in em'. Is that so the smoke can escape faster?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
:usa:Good Morning :hattip:

I guess Gornoman is wanting me to keep bumpin' all the Plum Quick Motors rippin' off there customers threads. you'd sure think Ole PQ would get tired of all this and just ask gornoman to stop loggin' in over here so i'll stop :dazed:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing my part to warn the people :hattip: :usa:

gornoman

Not that I would ever believe you, but you're gonna do what you're gonna do anyway. Robby doesn't speak for me, and I don't speak for him. Linking my visits here to your continued assault of PQ shows just how desperate you are for attention.

Also, I wonder how the State of Wisconsin views your invisible cash based business ventures. They still maintain that anonymous phone line, yes? I'm sure the county has one too...

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Carry on, i got it,,, why don't ya send this post to the White House and maybe the Secret Service will stop by my place...there here today in watertown watchin' our spear chuckin' leaders ole ladys fat ass :yuck:

gornoman

Over here Nubby. Why don't you share some more of your personal info with us. I know you don't want to but somehow I get you to tell all your sordid tales anyway.

Pulling the strings is so easy with you....

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
That's right, I did offer one to ya didn't I. I was thinkin', i'm sure we have Members here that have relatives still makin' Moonshine in the woods. we all know there not payin' the Feds :no: is it ok for them to hide some income? how about the dude you get your sacks of weed from, You have admitted in the past to bein' a smoker, Yes? is he payin' his taxes as he goes :no: many people would call You a snitch or a rat if you called somebody in

gornoman

Calling you in would be doing society a favor. It would get your deadbeat ass off the public assistance roles. Ya can't take welfare when you're in the big house.