Plum Quick 36 Volt Motor Rebuild Review

gornoman

COPB, I added 2-6v GC batteries to the 6 I allready had. I use 2 chargers. I want to get a 48v charger, just gotta find the $.

Otter

I've read alot about a boost system that can be wired with a soleniod and a diode wired from the boost batteries to the motor. I'm not going to do it this way because while in boost mode the speed can't be controlled. I'm just going to wait until my batteries crap out and then just get six 8 volts and a lester 48v charger. I know that's going to cost me around a grand but I don't mind paying for convenience most of the time.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I just bought a Lester (sp?) 48 volt charger. 200 delivered. One of the reasons I have been holding back on upgrading and elec. is the 450 price tag I have seen on these chargers on e-bay. I have an old Westinghouse, but I don't know.

Speaking of Westinghouse carts and battery boosts, I have seen a few of these carts with a toggle switch on the dash labeled 'boost' or something similar. I have looked under the seat, there is not extra voltage, but there is an extra solenoid. Haven't figured that one out.