Planet Electric Golf Cart

desertrat

Hi I'm new to this but would anybody have any info on the Planet Electric golf cart? I have one and it will do 50 mph but nobody seems to know anything about them or how to fix them or get parts. Can anybody help?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to Cartaholics...

I've seen a couple of them and they look like nice carts. Disc brakes, 4 wheel independent suspension etc. The company is out of business as far as I know and parts are very hard to find for them. If you can find parts you'll pay big bucks for them. There used to be a guy on ebay who had some parts for the Planet Golf Carts but I'm not sure if he's still selling there.

dougmcp

It is a 120VDC system and was limited in speed but was supposed to go 50 MPH with the safety disabled. They had forty 12V batteries with each set of ten batteries paralled together. They had fully adjustable coil overs and 4 wheel independent suspension with 4 wheel hydraulic proportioned disc brakes.
50 mph is awfully fast for a golf cart, even for a Planet G-4, have you had it to that speed?
As HRC mentioned above, the Southern California company went out of business in the mid 90's.
Planet Electric didn't reinvent the wheel here, just modified it a little. It will likely have been built on an Yamaha, Ezgo or CC chassis. If you post up some detailed photos, it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
What problems are you having?

Eddie mc

I also have a planet electric g4 I talked to one of the designers most parts are made just for it I had a rear hub strip on mine took it machine shop had a new one made would like to get in touch with you maybe all of us trying to save these carts can get together

Stevebur

I just got mine. It has been sitting for a long time, so, I am assessing what it needs. I replaced the (10) 12v batteries with deep cycle, maint free batteries and it runs...forward only. I don't know how to get it into reverse.
Additionally, I don't think the seat belt connect feature which allows it to go into the "fast" mode words. There also seems to be lot of noise coming from rear-end when it is under load. I also discovered a small 12v battery under the driver's seat....... what is that for?

Stevebur

Another problem...
Batteries seemed charged at 68%. The charger beeps when plugged in. The cart won't move on it's own.

Stevebur

Yes, 120v. The controls seen to work. Lights don't. Maybe the controls work via the small 12v battery, which is charged. It ran fine when I parked it a week ago....hasn't been on the charger.

Eddie mc

Unplug from battery pack to cart and charge each battery one at a time.if that doesn't work check the paromator on the gas pedal

Eddie mc

Don't pull them out just unhook one at a time charge then move on to the next good luck these are cool little carts when they are running correct plus you won't run into to one every day good luck

Stevebur

Evidently, these carts don't like to be discharged. Once I charged 3 of the batteries, I was able to connect the 120v charger and charge the rest. It seems fine now...I will just leave it on the charger when not in use.
Thanks for the help.

Richardr6

I have 1997 planet electric golf cart for sale its complete except for the batteries motor works ive tested it selling all or parts let me know willing to ship if the price is right

20210325_135206_HDR.jpg