Performance Chips fo EZGO PDS Golf Carts

S2MFH

Is there any reason I can't mke my own performance chips for my EZGO PDS golf cart? I have the pictures that were posted on the site and it just seems to be a jumper wire? And by the way, I have replaced all my batteries and no longer have problems, thanks again for all the help/information.
thumbup.gif

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
you could if you can find the plastic clip the clips in...the chip is not worth the time or effort... the red chip you can get 18mph but wont be able to go up hills... just save your money and upgrade the controller later

S2MFH

Thanks, I was looking to go with the yellow chip for Mild Hill but don't really want to loose to much of my speed. It pulls hills in my neighborhood pretty well, but when we go camping, I would like a little more torque.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes you can make your own. If the cart already has a plug/chip you can move the wire on the plug to any terminals. I've never noticed any difference in torque only speed and amount of regen braking. The cart will climb the same hills it does know just fine with the speed setting.
Glad to hear you got the cart running right...
thumbup.gif

dougmcp

If you are running on flat ground without a load on stock tires with 6ga cables, you won't notice much difference except speed when the freedom mode is selected.

S2MFH

Hooah, thank you for your support. I'm only 9 months from retirement and loving it. I am taking my son on a youth hunt this weekend and there are some pretty good size hills we must go over in order to get to the camp site, so we will see if the chip is even needed after this weekend.
usaflag1.gif

S2MFH

Hunting was a bust for my son this past weekend,
thumbdown.gif
we didn't see a thing. Neither did anyone else. Good thing though was that all my friends that laughed at me when I pulled up with the cart wanted to know about getting one by the end of the weekend. Kept up with them all weekend, they couldn't find terrain that I was not able to follow them.
thumbup.gif
Seems a 36V lifted cart is quieter than any ATV out there, comes in handy while hunting.
dazed053.gif
Maybe next time i'll be posting about the big one that didn't get away.