Pds no power and no sound

Mgall51

Hello guys,
Have a pds ezgo that I was installing a led battery gauge tonight. I had the positive and negative hooked to the back of the gauage and when I hooked up the key switch / on wire on the the gauage.....I accidentally touched the on wire to the positive connected wire that ran to the main batteries. short spark and small arch. Now I have nothing. No sound from when I put it in reverse and the cart will not move. Used the guide that is on this forumn testing the solenoid and it seems ok.

I am not getting power at the key switch either. The battery gauage was installed about three inches from the key to give you all and idea where I made the accidental connection. Any ideas on what I could have done? Thanks

By the way everything was working fine prior to my mistake.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

I'd start with testing the reed switch. Take a look through the EZGO resource section of the forum for the test/bypass instructions for the reed switch. If the run/tow switch was in the run position when you caused the arc it's possible the controller may be bad also.

Mgall51

Checked the reed switch. I show power going into the controller, but no power coming out. Question: should there be power coming out of the ten pin connector in the middle? I also replaced the solenoid and nothing? Is there a certain place on the controller I can test to see if that's the problem.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's a PDS troubleshooting guide in the EZGO resource section of the forum. Start at the top of the guide and work your way through it. If the reed switch is good and you have clean/tight connections everywhere I'd say the arc blew the controller.