From www.vintagegolfcartparts.com :
A Brief History of Pargo
Pargo was the brand name given to a golf cart produced by the Columbia Car Company which is in no way related to Columbia Par Car. This company was founded by Paul Corley and George Smith around 1957 in Grovetown Georgia. Paul Corley owned a large machine shop in Grovetown where he assembled E-Z-GO golf carts for the newly formed E-Z-GO Company of Augusta Georgia.
Bev and Billy Dolan of E-Z-GO had cut him in as a partner in order to have him assemble their carts. This is where George Smith enters the story. He owned E.J. Smith & Sons, a golf equipment distribution company that distributed the E-Z-GO carts. He and Paul Corley got together and decided to form their own company to build golf cars. Thus the birth of the Pargo golf cart.
These carts were produced as electrics only. The first ones were belt driven three wheelers with tiller steering. In 1965 they introduced their first four wheel carts models F-704 and F-754. In 1969 they introduced the new model 800 series which came with a new differential mounted disc brake. The models included the 800 and 803 three wheel golf cars and the 804 four wheel cart plus industrial models 820, 824, 830, 840 and 844. In 1975 they came out with the model 544 which had drum brakes and eight solenoids for four speeds. The model 544 also had a speed control with switches inside a jar that controlled the solenoid switching. They discontinued production of golf carts in 1976, one year later than Cushman. That year they moved the company to Dallas Texas where they made burden and personnel carriers for the industrial market. Eagle was chosen as the new brand name. The company was eventually purchased by Textron and moved to Augusta Georgia.