Paint a golf cart

pinky

How do i prep my golf cart body for a paint job? I will be use krlon fusion spray paint.
wallbash.gif

wilsongcc

Prepping is not that hard.First off,wash it thoroughly.The Best way to sand it is with 400 grit wet/dry sand paper.Make sure there are no shiny spots left when you are finished.Sand everything smooth.Then wash it again real good.Although spray paint is not the best way to paint it will work.You can lay down a primer beforehand to make sure you get a uniform color on the body.

yelilly

If you are using Fusion paint, let it dry several days before taking it out in the weather, or accidentally spilling gas on it when gassing up. Don't ask me how I know. After it drys good its not bad for spray bomb. And ditto what Wilsongcc said.
thumbup.gif

Able2Fly

I've painted many golf carts. Would not recommend using spray paint. The key to having it last and maintaining an auto-like shine is in the base coat/primer & a decent single or dual stage commercial paint. The primer has to etch the body itself in order for the paint to adhere properly.

P10105511.png