Opinion On EZGO TXT or RXV and Club Car DS or Precedent

sleepyluke

I'm looking for a opinion on EZGO TXT or RXV and Club Car DS or Precedent golf cart for lifting.
I am in the market to build a lifted personal golf cart. I have worked on and built numerous golf carts for folks over the years and pretty comfortable with Club Car and EZGO, but don't have but a little experience with the Precedents or RXVs.

Do any of you REALLY like the DS or the TXT over the newer stuff, even if it is 48 volt? The DS and TXT are alot more available and seem to hold value pretty well. I know the front end of the Precedent is mainly plastic and figure that the RXV is also. I would like to have a brush guard/winch combo at some point, and the only mount I have ever seen for the Precedent is custom built.

Anyway, long way around to ask should I stick with the older seeming tougher stuff, or is the new stuff built pretty well? Whether that be body components, or especially electronics?

Thanks for the help

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I like the TXT and DS over the RXV and Precedent. I don't like the looks of the RXV and Precedent but that's just my opinion. The newer EZGO TXT is 48 volts. I haven't seen any so I can't say how reliable they are but haven't heard any complaints.

sleepyluke

Well I am with you on the looks, I have seen a couple that I liked, but unless it was really well done, not my favorite, and I don't like the seats in either of them.

Did not know the new TXT was 48 volt.....

I think it is going to come down to the deal I find, I have found a good price on Precedent and just can't make myself go get it, but have found an overpriced old TXT that I am drooling over, I guess that should tell me something.

I have not taken either the RXV or Precedent apart, so really don't know much about them other than putting a set of wheels on them.