Old Gibson Guitar For Sale

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What model is the Gibson? Do you know what year it is? How much are you looking to get for it? I may be interested.

chachi44089

Its a 1937 Gibson L7...It is in bad shape..It has come un-glued and has 2 splits..One on the front and one on the back..No wood is missing..But the pick guard is..I was told that it is restorable, but would cost more than I can afford..About 600-800 dollars..But would be worth much more than that when restored..I want $400 for it..I will post some pics..

chachi44089

I hate to sell it..I always wanted to have it restored..The wood on it looks beautiful. But it is in rough shape..A luthier told me it is common for a Gibson as old as this to come unglued and have a split or two..Something about the glue they used back then..hide glue or something like that..When he told me what it might cost to have it professionally restored I laughed and said "prolly not worth fixin then"..He quickly corrected me and said it would be worth much more than the cost to restore it..I just dont have that much cash now as I am disabled and on limited income..I had back surgery and sold my 4-wheeler and my wifes 4-wheeler and bought a cart. She wont let me buy any more parts unless I come up with the cash myself. I want to get a lift kit so the old Gibson must go..

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd like to have the guitar but it's hard to say what it's worth without seeing it. The cracks can be fixed but it looks like the wood on the back of the guitar has shrunk on the bottom where the binding has separated from the back, unless thats just the way it looks in the pic...

What type of lift are you looking for?

chachi44089

Nuthing has shrank, just the glue has let loose..The binding is loose from the wood and the wood is loose from the side.Needs the cracks fixed and glued and clamped. I didnt want to try and fix it and mess it up. Its worth too much if restored properly.I am a metal worker, and a wood "butcher" lol..Any lift kit would do..Having a serious back problem, I am never going to be able to ride rough terrain, just going for the "look"..I can try and get some better pics of the separations and crack.