old ezgo

dlm41166

got a free cart, put new batt. in it , wont go, no clicks. we conected the wires going to the on off switch, nothing. i checked and with the pedel down the # 4 wire has 36 volts and wires 3, 2 ,1 have voltage that goes down from there.what can i check to solve this problem? thanks david

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

We're going to need a little more information on the cart. What year is it? If your not sure look on the passenger side either inside the storage box or just below it for a tag with the serial number and manufactures code. Post the manufactures code. If it doesn't have one post the serial number...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not sure what year the cart is...

How many solenoids does the cart have? If it only has one try jumping the large posts with a 6 guage or bigger cable. If it has more than try jumping the master solenoid.

dlm41166

ok i have almost 40 volts to motor and when you change to rev. it changes polarity same voltage. it looks like the motor is bad. can you get a rebild kit, or do i need to get a used motor.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It all depends on whats wrong with the motor. If it's just brushes or a broken wire from one of the studs it's cheap to fix. If the armature is bad you may be better off buying a motor or sending your old motor to EMP and have it rebuilt...

You can test the motor in the cart to make sure it's bad...

Jack up the the rear of the golf cart and place on jackstands. Remove all wires from the motor. Put a jumper wire from an "A" terminal to an "S" terminal. Hook a 12 volt battery or 12 volt battery charger with 15+ amp range to the other "A" and "S" terminals that aren't jumped with the jumper.