old club 70's vs late 80"s

oldcartfart

Hi' old cart fart here. I have a chance to pick up an old 70"s caroche club car ran when parked 3 years ago. I also have a chance at an 85 to 91 club car needs body work minor maintinance according to owner. What i would like to know before i buy one or the other is, do the old club cars have the aluminum frame. what is the difference in electrical dept. the old c/c i have seen have a multiple seloniod setup. are the body the same width length. I'm getting this for an older lady who"s son fried the motor etc. trying to put his fishing boat in at the launch. so she has the body for the newer one but not for sure on any thing else. they are both 36 volt old one is 250 w/ charger. newer one is 350 . i just want her to have a dependable cart. she is on a budget but her son will help to get one or the other running. what cart would be more dependable and cheaper for her to mantain in the long haul. her son no longer will be driving her cart that is a plus. will her newer body fit the old cart? thanks old cart fart

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The Caroche is a totally different set up so none of the parts will be the same as a newer DS body style. Even the DS carts can be quite a bit different as far as the electrical parts go.

oldcartfart

hi' thanks for the reply. It looks like I'll have to take the time to check them out. they are an hour away but in the opposite directions of course. Who knows maybe i'll get lucky and find a cheap cart on the way. The worst they both might be junk. but i think i'll go with the one that ran when parked 3 years. thanks for the feedback O.C.F.