oil leak

ftfixer

tip.gif
been a while since i made any post and i need some help. i just did a ring and valve job on my 295 robins and got it back running it runs good but after driving around for a while i noticed an oil leak that seems to be on the clutch side of engine oil was all over the starter and front of engine. it did not seem to be leaking from the cam shaft seal possibly the balancer but it seems to be running down the front of engine. any help will be appreciated i'm sure i will probably have to pull the engine again.
usaflag1.gif

ftfixer

tip.gif
hose from crankcase is in good condition how much oil would leak from the head gasket if not torqued correctly. . no seals are leaking what about the small o-ring between the block and plate behind flywheel if left out will this cause any problems there are no visible leaks there either. i'm just stumped on this my first rebuild.
dazed053.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
its hard to say where the leak is then, the cam cover or the plug that pushes into the head where the rocker shaft goes into. cracked valve cover
dazed053.gif
think ya may need to pull the fan shroud and have a look
twocents.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
if the head was loose enough for oil to leak out so would the compression.

ftfixer

thumbup.gif
nubs you were correct it was the plug on the rocker shaft i did not even think about putting it back in didn't even need to remove it. the cart is running good with no oil leaks and i realy do appreciate the help.
usaflag1.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Cool
thumbup.gif

its easy to over look, t'il ya over look it once. a fella won't do'er again.