non pds/dcs wiring diagram

BCGC

have a 96 txt non dcs/pds will not run sol.clicks and new controller the reed switch has been by passed and i still have nothing

BCGC

thanks, i'm thinking there is a wire missing. i bought this cart used not running . cleaned it up and i'm close. everything is there, just cant put my finger on it. found some signs of heat

BCGC

my question is this. the white plug on top of the controller how many wire should there be and what colors. i have 5 pronges but only 4 wires i found a small burn mark om the white plug. the plastic wire harenss that th 4 wires going into the top of controller also is meltd like a wire had melted. sorry for this. some one been in this cart before so i chasing a misconnction some where even the reed switch looks like it's been fooled with. the diagram does not look right to me this cart is a series cart txt non dcs/pds. thanks for your help. we will get.we hav come this far!!! lol
wallbash.gif
dazed053.gif

dougmcp

What makes you think that? If you have power to the F/R switch and power out of the F/R switch, it may need work but it is not your problem.

BCGC

im lost. i have the soleniod clicking. i changed out the old controller form one my buddy just removed from his cart. and all the volt test come back good. i even took the controller that was in the cart out,and opned it up no burn smell or sign of any damage. i was hoping maybe the copper studs on f and r were not making a good contact or maybe the micro switches were junk. this cart was a mess when i pickd it up. the only other thing i have not looked at is under the floor. i'm thinking every think is ok when i touch the pedal the selenoid clicks. i know i know sounds like a controller problem but my buddys cart ran last week with this controller he has moved up to 48 volts so thats why he had it on the shelve. i don't know maybe both controller are junk. but like i said one showed no signs of being burnd up and the other ran last week in another cart.
wallbash.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Have you tried jumping the large posts on the solenoid with a 6 gauge or bigger cable? Just because the solenoid is clicking doesn't mean it's good.
twocents.gif

BCGC

yes sir, i did and yes sir nothing happened. my only problem is. i try'd it with both controllers and nothing. that why i'm so lost. unless both controllers are bad. would be my luck. but, like i said one ran last week and the other shows no sign or smell of being burn up. i agree with both of you. if, i was reading this. i'd be saying the same thing. what about the reed switch it been fooled with also. what they have done is removed it and ran a 16ga wire, insteed of splicing the red and white and running it to pos #6 they just ran a wire from pos side philips screw of the charger unit to were the white wire pluged into. i don't know! i guess i'll look for an other controller i can borrow. just thought. i was pass that stage. lol sucks

BCGC

if cart moves, it solenoid, if cart does not it controller. is that correct? when hitting the 2 large post on solenoid?

BCGC

just to let you guy know i was thinking controller also. when i changed it out and it still did not run i was lost more then ever. i knew i was getting close. now onto a g-16 with no compression. i'll see you over at yamaha 4 stroke by weeks end. thanks for your help and your time bcgc