No Start

jpatsaab

I am working on a 97 club car, the cart will run normally,and then with no sign of doing so will not start. I am not getting fuel from the fuel pump? from going through the forums I take it that the "pulsator line" must be straight with "0" dips or curves in it. And the air filter is new and box is proprely secured. After i verify there is no dip in the line, if there is still no fuel can I put an external electric fuel pump in? and if so does anyone know what the fuel pressure should be.

thanks

slinghead

Don't see it often but could be a bad fuel pump. take line off carb. turn motor over should pump fuel out. As far as the pulse line it just needs to straight as you can get it. small dip ok.

jpatsaab

have taken line to carb off, no fuel coming from the tank. tried a fuel pump off a new club car 2007 model year. no difference. I am wondering if I am not building enough pressure from the pulse line. Possible worn piston rings? Do you know if I can use an electric fuel pump? I was going to power it through the gas pedal so it would only power the fuel pump when the throtle was depressed. But my only concern is what the fuel pressure should be, 2 to 3 psi?

thanks

slinghead

Blow back thought the fuel line in the tank to see if tube is clogged. Could be the pick up tube in tank has come loose.

jpatsaab

Hey thanks for all your help! I just cut th pulstator hose back and made it tight so as not to have any dips in it, seems to be working fine! Both fuel filters are rouhly half full of fuel.

Now my next problem is that I only have wide open throttle, I am going to try adjusting the throttle cable, the pedal does engage the motor in the first 1" of travel, so i don't believe the pedal itself needs adjustment.

Let me know what yu tink about my plan of attack.

Thanks again