No Spark Issue On My Par Car and Not Sure Why

TimC

My plug is a BP4HS but I'm reading alot that says BPR4HS. Should I be running a resister plug? And what gap?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
No need for a resister plug, 35 for the gap. i would try a different plug first.

Is this the same cart with issues with the points?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Well if your sure its not losing spark when it stumbles it may be staving for fuel. you said it rev's up and stalls yes?

TimC

It spits and sputters. I just changed the fuel pump thinking the same thing but that didn't help. I'll see if I can get a video. If itll let me post it

TimC

Well after waiting for it to load now it says it doesnt have the allowed extension...šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬ I wonder if it's just a carb issue now

TimC

Well, I just took the MSD coil off and put an old one i have that I THOUHT was bad just for :censored:s and giggles and...it works. I'm gonna put it together and take it for a ride I guess and see....

TimC

Um...shes alive. I guess I'm taking back the 55.00 MSD coil too because my old one works better. Somehow I gained speed too. I'm not sure how but I just did a 360Ā° in the front yard...lol...not sure if it was the new fuel pump, solenoid or old coil but shes a runner now. Thank you guys so much

TimC

Yes sir. This thing has never run this good since I bought it. The only real change is the correct solenoid and a new fuel pump. So I think the new fuel pump made the difference

richard harris

with all the removing of terminals and such you might have cleaned off the corrosion on he terminals.. makes a difference

TimC

Maybe, the only terminals would've been my old coil. Other than that I put the new solenoid in. I think my accelerator switch is on it's way out though. Sometimes I gotta push the pedal 2 or 3 times before it starts