No serial number

fatman123

I recently came across a yamaha 2 stroke cart. There is no key available. I have been trying to find information to identify this cart so I can get a new key and get started working on it. I read in this forum that there would be a serial number behind the rear bumper, but there is nothing. It is an older cart and i know it was running two years ago. If it would help identify this cart (and if I can figure out how to do it ) I will try to post some pictures.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

If it's a 2 Stroke it's a G1. Yamaha model G1 serial numbers will be under the rear bumper stamped into the square cross member of the frame.

fatman123

I have looked and there is no number stamped there. would it be possible to post a picture of the location because we have been all over this cart and can not find any number. Thanke for the reply

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The serial number can be hard to see if there's any rust on the cross member. I'd take another close look and wire brush the area where the number is. I don't have any pictures of a G1 serial number but maybe someone else on the forum does.

fatman123

Thanks. My cart is at my camp so it will be a while before I can do anything. I am probably going to need a new ignition switch. Can I order one for a G1 or will I need a serial number and year?

fatman123

Thank you. I'll get one ordered and maybe I will get lucky and it will run with some new gas. I don't think I want to trust the oil injector. What is the gas/oil mix and is there anything I need to do to bypass the injection system?

fatman123

I finally found the serial number. It was in the square cross member behind the rear bumper on the driver's side.
Now I have to find out what year it is. The sn was very hard to read because of rust but as near a I can tell it is J81012188. Can anyone tell me the year? It is possible that the 8's could be 3's, it was so hard to see the number.