no reverse

wildthing

I have 89 club car 36 volts goes fine in forward but has no reverse silinoid click in when in reverse it acts like it don't have enough power in batteries to turn moter what could be the problem

wildthing

I want to thank hot rod carts and all the others for the help i got it figured out of all things it was one bad battery i would have never guessed went fine forward got new battery and everything is fine again thanks to everyone

scrannel

Realize this is a slightly old thread, but I am having the same problems with a 2000 Club Car. Checked and cleaned main reverse/forward switch, replaced micro-switches, still no reverse. What's with the one dead battery thing?

Thanks

shadowman

charge cart and let it sit an hour than check each battery for voltage you,ll need a voltage meter..........write your #,s down and post them and than load test batteries also post those.......................what year is cart and is it a 36 or 48 volt cart.........grab and pull each cable to make sure all cables are tight and connections clean...................................
thumbup.gif

scrannel

Year: 2000
48 Volt
All batteries (6 in number) 8.6+ volts (vary between 8.65 and 8.61)
All cables tight & clean.

How do I load test?

Thanks for replying

scrannel

Sorry, discovered wife had replugged in charger, numbers should be:

All batteries (6 in number) 8.6+ volts (vary between 8.69 and 8.66)
All cables tight & clean.

After load test: 8.56 - 8.53
Thanks

cartdr1971

Does the cart have a toggle switch or lever for the F&R? Could be a bad toggle switch, bad contacts on the reverse side of the F&R or bad speed controller.

scrannel

Has a lever which I took apart, cleaned, replaced mirco switches. Tomorrow I'm going to swap the forward/reverse cables on the swivel side. Probably take f/r switch off again to make sure everything making contact.

scrannel

OK, back in business. Reversed cables and reverse worked. So, I pulled the f/r switch again to make sure I had cleaned well etc. I totally detailed out that freakin' switch. That's when I noticed that the circlip was not seated on the lever rod. After cleaning, made sure that was seated, buttoned it up and it now runs perfectly. So, assuming the loose circlip made contact difficult (though it did run in forward) then it would have been the new micro-switch that actually made it work. Otherwise, it was super-cleaning. Thanks for the responses.

scrannel

Thanks Hotrod -- however another, though less important issue: now the cart runs "full speed" in both forward and reverse. Have checked wires which all look correct. Wondering of my new microswitch may be flawed. Thanks