No Reverse

lugofftiger

I just bought a golf cart. The seller was unsure of the year. I think it is a 2001, but am not sure. Is there a way to find out? Also, the cart had a couple of wires that were not connected. I spliced them back, and the cart will now go forward. However, it will not reverse (although the reverse buzzer still comes on). I looked in the resource forum at the forward and reverse wire diagram. It shows three resister type connectors, but my golf cart only has two. Does anyone have a solution or a wiring diagram?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Is the forward and reverse switch by you leg or on the dash?

Look in the passenger side glove box for a tag and post your Manufactures code and we can see what year the cart is...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Ok you have a 2000 TXT Series cart.

Where do the wires go that you spliced?

With the key on and cart in reverse do you here the solenoid click when you push the go pedal?

Here a link for the EZGO TXT Wiring diagram

lugofftiger

I stopped by a friends, he has a 99 model i looked at his wires and where the blue wire comming from the switch connects to micro chip#2. mine has a wire someone has added connected to the battery it is connected to the blue wire comming from the switch.so mine will run foward the way it is with no blue wire attched to micro chip .if i disconnect the red wire comming from batt and attach the blue wire to the micro chip like his i get nothing no foward or reverse and no clicking of the solenoid.Need some help please.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Here's a wiring diagram for the forward and reverse switch. Make sure your it's wired correctly.
If that checks out test both micro switches to be sure they're good and make sure they're riding on the cam like they should be.
You could also have some bad contacts in the F&R switch. You'll have to pull the switch apart to check those.

If the switch is wired right and the micros are good chances are you either have a bad connection somewhere or the contacts are bad in the F&R switch.

lugofftiger

Hey Hot Rod Carts. I think ive been going the wrong way with this thing,Im new to this so bear with me. I stopped by a local repair shop today and he told me that he didnt know why they would have a wire comming from battery to the blue wire from the switch and then he was explaining the power comes from the control box to the F&R switch so when i got home and started checking this one out again i dont think im getting any power out of the control box but im not sure how to check anything out on it so any help would be appreciated thanks.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
First thing you need to do is wire the cart according to the diagrams. If the cart isn't wired correctly it's going to be difficult to diagnose. If the cart runs in forward the controller is good so we can eliminate that as a problem. Normally if a fleet cart like you have only runs in one direction it's either a bad micro switch on the F&R switch or a bad F&R switch.

With the cart wired correctly if your getting no power check the reed switch in the charger receptacle. You can jump the reed switch to test it.
To bypass the reed switch unplug the red and white wire right behind the charger receptacle and run a jumper from the red wire to the 36v + battery in the pack (same post the white charger wire is hooked to). If the cart runs the reed switch is bad.

It could also be the key switch. You can test that with a ohm meter.

If you still have questions let us know...

lugofftiger

Well i finally got it fixed a buddy knew a guy who worked on carts took it to him it was the F&R switch he repaced it and we're off and running thanks for all the help.