No Reverse Part II

Davidm10

My first chat room! I barged in because my problem is similar to gark's in that my cart will not go forward but goes in reverse fine. I have changed the F&R switches and then changed the motor. Now I'm into it for about $650. In forward you can feel it just barely trying to go for a few seconds then there is a click over in computer area and nothing. If I put it in forward and do nothing in 30-45 seconds there will be a click in the same area. I have heard the controller is also big $. Does it make sense that it would run fine in reverse and only just barely in forward?
I jacked the wheels off the ground and in forward if you give it some help at first it will go what appears to be top speed.
Please help I am desperate to get it running and to not spend any more money on it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It all depends on the type of drive system. What kind of cart do you have? If it's a EZGO is it series, DCS or PDS? If it's a DCS or PDS I'd say the controller is your problem.

Davidm10

Thanks so much for repling. All I can tell you right now is it is a 99 EZgo 36 volt. What is the difference in a PDS and a DCS. Is my ignorance showing? You know I never really thing of electronic parts having a halfway bad scenario. Wouldn't it be okay or bad? I ask because as mentioned it is trying to go.
Another thought. In the rear end is there anything that can be wrong? When I had it out still on the wheels, I rolled it around and the shaft seemed to turn smoothly both directions as I rolled it forward and back.
I guess I'm in denial on the controller. Is there any kind of check for them. and is there a market where I might find a used one? Thanks for helping

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Ok you have a series cart so the direction is controlled by the forward and reverse switch and not the controller. You say you changed the "F&R switches" so I'm taking it your talking about the micro switches. It sounds like your problem is in the main forward and reverse switch. Have you tested the batteries? Low voltage can also cause the problem your having. There's a wiring diagram in the ezgo resource forum if you want to double check that everything is wired correctly.

Davidm10

Thanks so much. I will check out the voltage and the microswitches and the wiring. I am pleased to hear it may not be the controller.
Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The micro switches are working if the solenoid clicks in both directions. You need to check the forward and reverse switch board and contacts.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Gorno,
I was thinking a 99 with the F&R switch by the leg would be be a fleet/series but your right it could be a DCS. The change over on the switch wasn't until 2000.
redface.gif
This post was originally in with another thread on a series cart and I moved it to it's own thread. Thanks for catching that...

Davidm10,
Does the cart have a run tow switch on the controller cover?