No Power With Air Filter Installed

gotafly

I have an EZGO, I think it may be a 1995 and based on the fact the badge (see picture) says 6,7 KW and it is gas the two where a latter marriage and it has no power with air filter installed. I use the cart when shooting sporting clays. It got a new carburetor last year after not being used in a while. I also included a picture of the engine. I installed a gas shut off so that I can clear the engine and not clog it up again and it now starts fine,
The problem I am having is that the cart was starting but not producing any power. On a whim I removed the air filter though it was new. and found that the cart runs fine without the filter. After running well all day today, I reinstalled the air filter and the cart wouldn't budge an inch.

I have had it at the mechanic twice and both times I was told it starts well which it does, but with the air filter installed it doesn't budge an inch or sometimes will go but then it stops,

Here are the photos. Thank-you in advance,
Michael

20181013_110908.jpg20181013_110922.jpg

gotafly

Update. I was moving the Cart, which started and ran perfectly to the area where cart needing repair were being staged. When I got there I reinstalled the air filter (which btw is new) and lo and behold, today it ran perfect with the air filter in. I am attaching a couple more pictures. I would appreciate it if anyone can identify which engine I have. Thank-you in advance, Michael
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1019.jpg

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
295 Robin pre MCI.

On the left side of the heat shield next to carb will confirm size

gotafly

295 Robin pre MCI.

On the left side of the heat shield next to carb will confirm size
Thank-you Nubs. You are correct. Here is a snap of the heat shield. The good news is that it continues to run with the air filter installed. I do wish it had more power and a better lift kit. Next week I will grease the steering zerks.
SbG118v5Q5S2Y92CVKYXwg_thumb_104b.jpg