Newbie bought EZ-GO...Help

swadehead30

I bought an EZ-GO from a friend of a friend yesterday, and since it has been modified I can't find the serial number to insure it, nor do I know what year it is. It looks awesome and drives very well (and fast). It looks to be a 36volt. I have pictures and was wondering if someone could help by looking at a picture? It has a lift kit and 22 inch tires (with SS wheels). It is a Textron and I did find a number on the dash 27647-G01 (above the cup holder). Could this be the serial number? If so, I guess it would be a 2001 and since the controls are on the dash, it would be a PDS drive system). But would the serial number be that easily visible? Thanks.

How do I post pictures?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new cart...

On the tag you found the serial number on look for a manufactures code. Post that code an we can tell you what year the cart is...

swadehead30

Thanks for the help. I don't think this was the serial number. It does not jive with what I have read on this site.
It is on the dashboard. Do you think the cart has been rebuilt and the serial/model no longer exist, or may be hidden under some of the new parts?

I am trying to post pictures but am getting this---

Sorry, dynamic pages in the

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the cart is older than early 2003 the serial number and manufactures code should be on the dash inside the passenger storage compartment by the cup holders...

Late 2003 and up don't have the serial plates in glove box. They moved them under the seat on the frame rail above and behind batteries.

Where are you hosting the pictures. Make sure your using the correct link on your image host site and that they allow hot linking pictures...

swadehead30

Sorry, I signed up with PhotoBucket. I can't get them to post. I have never used PhotoBucket or attempted to post like this.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You should be able to copy and past the links from photobucket with the img tags already there. Then you won't need to use the IMG button here. Just paste each link on its own line in your post...

swadehead30

I found the serial # sticker behind the battery as you described...Thanks! I can't read it though. I guess it is a 2005 based on the Model Date.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes it's a 2005. Nice looking cart... If you want to post more pictures just copy and paste the IMG code from photobucket.

photo-6.jpg

swadehead30

Thanks! Hey, what if I wanted to put a stereo in it? Does doing so drain the batteries too much? I have a Sony CD/Mp3 player and some Bose Exterior speakers, but I don't want to do anything that will cause problems.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The stereo won't be a problem. You can always use a separate 12 volt deep cycle battery to hook all your accessories to. If you look under the seat you should have room for the battery on the drivers side right behind the charger receptacle unless you have the on board charger. If your using 2 of the carts batteries for the lights you should switch the lights and any other accessories that are hooked to the batteries to two different batteries every month or so to keep the pack balanced. That's why it's a good idea to use a separate 12 volt battery for your accessories...

swadehead30

I have another question---I have the PDS vs DCS. What is the difference and which is more desired? I must already have the Freedom Chip becuase this puppy will fly (for a golf cart).

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
DCS was EZGO's first attempt at regen braking. There's no chip on the DCS system. The PDS would be the better of the two.