Newbie 2002 EZ Go problem

rolln2

With batteries charged, put cart in reverse, works fine, but when I put it in forward it goes about 2 feet and shuts down. Not even the lights work. I am new to carts, but I can use a volt meter and follow instructions.
usaflag1.gif

rolln2

It is a series cart. Batteries test at 38 volts. Selenoid clicks in both forward and reverse. Back up beeper beeps in reverse. Everything works but forward. When forward is selected, the whole cart shuts down.
wallbash.gif
usaflag1.gif

rolln2

Just re-charged the batteries, all 6 batteries read between 6.5 & 6.8 volts. Now the cart will not move at all. Selnoid clicks and reverse beeprer beeps. Nothing else.

rolln2

Well so much for this forum. I thought this was a place where the experts post solutions to problems, but i see now that there are no experts at all. I have searched the forums many times for the same problem and it seems most so called experts just beat around the bush at solutions. Thanks for the help. So long
tip.gif
usaflag1.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sorry you feel that way. A lot of us have lives and can't be here 24/7 to answer questions.

From reading your post I would suggest taking the forward and reverse switch apart and checking the contacts. But seeing how you won't be here again you'll probably never see this.
dazed053.gif
tip.gif

dougmcp

It's unfortunate that the OP didn't get a specific answer in 24 hours on a free site.

Maybe I should post my PayPal account for these impatient people and when the $50 clears I could call him back with instant advice.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i think i'm starting to see a pattern here
yes.gif
i have heard that BGW has some smart fellas, some with over 20,000 post. you could try asking there
thumbup.gif