New Yamaha G16E Controller

Gooney43

Put new controller on my Yamaha G16E and now when I press pedal it goes but when I press all the way down it stops. Any thoughts?

Gooney43

Thanks! It’s a Curtis 1205M 500 amp. I put a bigger motor in and it went faster but had no power going up hills so I read if I put a higher amp controller in it might help. could it need a heavy duty solenoid maybe?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does the throttle respond like it should until you get to full throttle? It sounds like the throttle input is set wrong on the controller. @Diode may be able to help you out when he sees your question.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
That would be my guess also sounds like it slows down the more throttle you give it I think the Curtis 1205M controller is programmable but you’re gonna need the special software or handheld programmer.
Did you specify throttle when you bought it

Gooney43

It works good until I push the pedal a little more than half way then it stops. I do remember reading about programming it but when I bought it it said it would work for my cart.

Gooney43

No I didn’t specify throttle. I just got it on Amazon because it said it would work on my model. Im not much of a mechanic. I think I bit off more than I can chew trying to make it go faster😜

Gooney43

Thanks for the help! I think I’ll return the controller after looking into programmer for it $$$$$. Way over my head!!

Diode

I’m not a Yamaha person so do they have ITS throttles If so there are two different ones one is 0 to 2 V and one is 0 to 3 or something like that and don’t expect to go faster with a bigger controller I can get you an alltrax controller which has free programming software and comes pre-programmed
And I’m guessing you have a series cart

Gooney43

The motor is an Advanced Motor AU2500 36V 4HP. I don’t know what throttle it has. I believe it is a series cart. My concern isn’t the speed. The reason I put the bigger motor in was because it couldn’t make it up hills with two people in it when golfing and being clueless about this stuff I thought just putting a bigger motor would help. Now after doing a little research I realize other stuff has to be updated also. Any help would be much appreciated because like I said I’m pretty clueless about this stuff.

Diode

I think we should start with batteries put a meter on the batteries and go up that hill let’s see what it drops to