New to golf carts

sglutting

Hello Everyone,

I have just purchased my first golf cart ever. The wife and I recently decided to go seasonal camping out at a campground not to far from the house. A neighbor of our sold us his cart for $600.00. I couldn't pass the deal up, it is cosmetically beat up, but I plan to strip it down, paint it, and re-do the upholstery.

Anyways,

From what I can tell it is an 86 EZ-GO Marathon?
Serial # 409661
Mnf Code # 62686.
The cart has new batteries at the end of last season and seems to run okay. Although it did die shortly after charging it. How long does it take to fully charge a 36 volt cart? Can anyone tell me what else I should be looking for on this cart as far as potential problem spots? Is this indeed an 86 EZ-GO Marathon? All help is appreciated. I will be posting pictures of my project as soon as I get it home sometime this week.

Thanks in advance
Scott

FindlayJoe

Scott,

I looked up EZGO's phone number and called them. I gave them the information off of the golf cart tag and they told me the model and year based off of the info. So that is always an option.

Good Luck!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

The batteries charge time will vary depending on how far they're discharged and age.

It can take anywhere from a couple hours up to 16 hours.