new to forum got a few questions

ssmokey24

i just went from electric to gas the cart i bought was cheap and runs but smokes alot i figure the rings are about done i taken atv motors apart and fixed them so re doing the topend on this cart should be simple my question is where do i get the parts? and can someone tell me how to tell what engine and what year my cart is also what other than the rings would make the cart smoke thanks in advance!!!

ftfixer

tip.gif
first of all is it a 4 or 2 stroke i'm assuming it is a four stroke. as far as the year model first place to look would be on the right side of cart inside the open compartment on the left side there should be a metal tag there with some numbers on it. post those numbers and we can help you out. depending on the year model look on the front of the engine right beneath the valve cover behind the carb. there should be another plate with the info.on it could be on another location depending on the year model.post your findings on these 2 then it could help to troubleshoot your problem.
twocents.gif

ssmokey24

thanks for the reply i couldnt find a # plate on the engine but it has the black cover and says club car on the vlave cover and on the side of the engine the number by the passenger side says AG9243308390 i drove it today for a hour runs good never skipped a beat but it just smokes and also do this cars have a problem with the front steering? mine seems to bind in a few spots when i turn both ways