New to Cartaholics Need some advice!

Mpdruss

I just recently acquired a pretty cool 36v 1985 Royal Ride Club Car. Serial#B8622 98003 that didnt run. I replaced the forward/Reverse switch, replaced the solenoids (5 for 60 bucks)and replaced a bad micro-switch with a used switch in the speed control box that I think fires the master solenoid. It ran like a champ for a week but after being parked for a couple of days it was dead as a doornail. no forward, no reverse. The Batteries appear to be good and registered 27.8v and 6.3v individually. All 5 micro switches appeared to be good. The motor was tested by using a jumper and some jumper cables to the battery and the motor ran. The Master Solenoid registered 26.2 at the small posts. It appears that all the solenoids click when the gas peddle is pushed. I tested the top two posts of the solenoid which registered 0.3. I'm running out of ideas. Any advice would be appreciated

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
27 V on a 36 V cart with the meter hooked up to the battery pack step on the pedal and see what the voltage drop is

Mpdruss

Thanks for the response. Just checked it. It been setting for about 1 hour. Meter registered 19.4 and when i put the pedal down it was 19.4

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the batteries are all 6.3 volts and the battery pack is only 19.4 volts you either have a battery couple batteries wired backwards os some bad connections on the battery cables. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Mpdruss

I’ve had the cart on the charger for about 3 hours. I tested the battery pack while the charger was hooked up and my meter registered 33.1 v. I took it off the charger and it fell to 29.1v. Under load it dropped to 28.4v. Still will not move forward or reverse. Wouldn’t the cart move even with these lower readings? Are these readings normal for good batteries? Thanks again guys