New ROYAL EV

JimmyFD43

Hi K, I am having the same problem exactly a year ago today. I installed an On the Fly whatever to go on the dash to work with the Navitas controller. I have had some problems with the OTF. I also NOW have a problem, probably same as you, with the batteries. I bought mine in SC, about 2 hours away from me here in Franklin, NC. I just took it back to them yesterday, a 4 hour rt drive. It's a great looking cart, but it reminds me of a beautiful girl with a crappy attitude...who needs it...lol If you want to chat..I am on Facebook under Jim Dautel...You can message me...

Billyd4Real

Hi All, I found this thread and wanted to comment about my experience. I purchased a Royal EV golf cart from Monster Carts in Alpharetta less than 1 year ago. The cart is acting like it has a bad battery (it barely made it home from a <1 mile trip). The speedometer also has never worked. I contacted Royal EV to schedule getting both issues fixed under the warranty (17 months on battery, 3 years on cart), but was told that Monster carts was responsible for the warranty work. When I contacted Monster, they told me that Royal EV was responsible for the warranty work. I have gone back and forth repeatedly, but both keep pointing at the other and neither will take responsibility for fixing the cart. This was a high ticket item for me (I paid over $10,000) and I can't get anyone to fix it. I hate it, because it is a beautiful cart, but I wouldn't recommend spending the money on it. If anything goes wrong, the company disappears on you.
I am on my 2nd Royal EV. 1st one was a 6seater with 72V, which we decided we didn't need the 6 seater so we traded for the 4seater with lithium battery. I won't buy another for awhile, I love my cart. I bought mine by my house in Cartersville at Cherokee Golf Carts which is close to the Royal factory. My sales and service experience have been impeccable. I chopped it 2 inches to get in my garage, added a front receiver hitch so I can move my trailers and jetskis and boat around in the backyard. So many benefits of having this cart. I also got Street tires instead of knobbys. Take 5 lbs of air from each tire for a better/softer ride. I love my cart. I get 60 miles to a charge, probably more haven't pushed it (this is on big hills all around Cartersville; I got a sticker from the local police department so I can ride it anywhere on streets in the city where the speed.limit is 35 or less...it goes 30mph).

Attachments

• IMG_20220915_081923827.jpg
    IMG_20220915_081923827.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220915_081944155.jpg
    IMG_20220915_081944155.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230324_200744.jpg
    20230324_200744.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230122_202827.jpg
    20230122_202827.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230103_120438.jpg
    20230103_120438.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230103_120702.jpg
    20230103_120702.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 8

Zman

Cartaholic
I love how the chinese copy Club Car and make Royal. Just like they copied EZGO and made Fairplays. They also copied Yamaha and some other brand but I don't remember the name. BUY Chinese and support their country the hell with USA -Go Billy!

Billyd4Real

Wow ZMan please post pics of all the American-made-only products you own. I'm sure you have NOTHING made in China. Stop your bashing, you're showing your maturity.

Zman

Cartaholic
Those of us IN THE BUSINESS know what you are buying, and the service life you are getting. If you buy new cart every 2 years you will have wonderful life with Royal.

JimmyFD43

Follow-up...As I live in the mountains of western NC, the 6–8-volt NEW CROWN batteries could not make the trek back up my 1-mile drive home. I did some Indepth research and decided lithium was the way to go. I initially wanted separate 12-volt batteries, and not just one 48=volt battery. I had no desire to re=work the bottom of my battery tray to accommodate the change. I decided to go with EPOCH batteries out of Atlanta. I called and talked to a couple of their sales associates, who also did the battery repairs when needed. GREAT service! I made the deal over the phone regarding price and warranty, and then drove there to pick them up. I THOUGHT I would need 4 48-volt 60ah batteries. I was told that I could get by with just 3: wow...a company that did not try and sell something extra lol. I still decided to go with 4. I had them installed at a local gold cart store. The difference was fantastic with the lithium batteries. I drove it home which is about 4 miles from the store, at about 30mph. When I got to the entrance to my association and started up the 1-mile drive, I started at 30mph and had to slow down to the speed limit...15...all the way home. With the LAB, I always slowed down to 1-mph... pathetic. EPOCH made a small mistake and accidently sent me 4 more batteries, not realizing I had purchased them at their store. Yeah, I thought...for a short moment...YES!...Free batteries... And then I made a phone call to them and arranged to have UPS pick them up. However, I did buy one of the 4 and installed it...talk abbot overkill. But I now have 300ah's of travel time without worrying about getting home. Bottom line...Lithium batteries are the way to go if it is in your budget. EPOCH just came out with their batteries having a Bluetooth app so you can use your phone to see what's going on with your battery setup.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Sometimes there's just so much bull:censored: you take four 12 volt batteries and that's 48 volts you don't get the extra amp hours out of it they're all 60 even with four it's still just 60. it really sounds like sales talk to me

JimmyFD43

LOL LOL...YOU are such an electronics expert, aren't you? Sorry, I'm too damn old to get snotty with someone who(m) is just ignorant about a subject....My five (5) 48-v 60 ah's batteries are wired in parallel...i.e.. 300ah's .....NOT in series, which would then be 48volts 60 ah's. NOW for the good news...LOOK it up before you makes comments...

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
If you reread what you originally wrote you wanted 12-volt batteries instead of one 48 nowhere did you post that you switched to five 48 volt batteries which is correct in parallel. I was just going by what you wrote not what you're thinking

JimmyFD43

Really? ANOTHER lol.....THIS is in my post: "I THOUGHT I would need 4 48-volt 60ah batteries. I was told that I could get by with just 3: wow...a company that did not try and sell something extra lol. I still decided to go with 4." Never mind a response.... As I am through with you...There....Please go troll someone else....

TxTrdr456

The look of Royal EV golf carts seems very similar to Trojan EV, EV Titan and Spartan EV--which claim on their respective websites to be a company in Sheridan, Wyoming. But the golf carts all appear to be manufactured in China. I spent a lot of time researching them. A lot of people say they look good and are a good value. But I've read a lot of reviews of poor workmanship, poor longevity and poor customer service. I think they all look pretty cool though. And there probably are people who have bought them who love them and never had any issues with them.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
The look of Royal EV golf carts seems very similar to Trojan EV, EV Titan and Spartan EV--which claim on their respective websites to be a company in Sheridan, Wyoming. But the golf carts all appear to be manufactured in China. I spent a lot of time researching them. A lot of people say they look good and are a good value. But I've read a lot of reviews of poor workmanship, poor longevity and poor customer service. I think they all look pretty cool though. And there probably are people who have bought them who love them and never had any issues with them
You are on to something, they are all the same. They are built on a knockoff frame based on club car, ezgo, or yamaha, then they have several different bodies to create “different” models. Then some greedy f*** in the USA decides they want to make a quick buck so they import some of these generic golf carts and create a brand to sell them under, that’s why you will see nearly identical carts being sold under multiple brand names it’s different companies importing the same Chinese knockoff cart. When the warranty claims pile up and reputation is in the toilet they just shut down so they don’t have to deal with it and either rebrand or let someone else take the market.

Go to Made-in-China.com and search for golf cart, you will see for yourself there are countless variations so they can keep changing it up before consumers catch on. And it’s always the same story with these guys it’s always “Assembled in USA”. They are not actually making these here in America they are receiving mostly complete vehicles from China that have been partially disassembled for shipping and just putting everything together.
IMG_0685.jpeg

This is mainly done actually as a tax loophole. By “assembling” the vehicles here, the companies dodge the import tariffs that would otherwise apply. And that’s not the full extent of how they lower the prices. If you are not aware, the Chinese communist government (like ours if we’re being honest) provides massive subsidies to manufacturers of electric cars. The thing about China is they don’t have 1000s of pages of regulations defining what a “car” is or measures to prevent people from straight scamming the system. You may have seen stories about whole lots full of abandoned electric cars in China that were built because the government provides cash payment for each unit “sold”. Well as it turns out if it has four wheels and moves it counts as a car, so why build cars to abandon in a field when you can build a golf cart and make a few extra yuan exporting it to America? Heck you think I’m joking? Look on the serial number plate on these things it doesn’t say “golf cart” it says “electric car”
IMG_1336.jpeg

If you buy one of these just realize the purchase price is heavily subsidized by the Chinese Communist Party. Xi Jinping himself may as well be the one to hand you the keys.