New Guy With Old Club Car Golf Cart

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Ron's EZgo has a 30hp Vtwin and a long travel A arm front end and it will wheelie like crazy. But rides so soft and smooth. Mine was like I had a solid connection with the tires. Haha

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What brand is the lift on his EZGO? Try running less air pressure in the tires it will make a big difference in the way the golf cart rides.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
If this motor has a rev limiter, then what's the reason for the govener ?
I like the feel of a lawn tractor or go cart throttle, this cart has a odd spongy throttle.
I don't need more speed or risk tossing a rod, just a more direct connection to the carb would be nice.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The rev limiter cuts spark at a certain RPM. Adjusting the governor will give the golf cart more or less top speed.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Yeah I like it having the limiter, but still don't see the point of a govener unless it keeps it from revving to high, but that's the limiter's job right ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The reason for both is you don't want to be hitting the rev limiter all the time. Even with the governor adjusted at it's stock setting in certain conditions like going downhill at full throttle it's possible for rev limiter to kick in. The best bet is to set the governor until the engine is just hitting the rev limiter at wide open throttle on level ground than back off on the adjustment a little. After that if the rev limiter ever kicks in just let off the throttle a little.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Yeah I know this motor especially doesn't like higher RPMs like some others, even the ol B&S 5hp can go a bit higher than this one.
I just can't stand how it slows me down, let off the throttle and back on and it gets back up to speed again.
But that's just me.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Got a Kawasaki 2004 ZX-10 muffler im about to adapt on.. should actually be quieter than the one that's on it, it being a Kawasaki KF-82 engine (341cc) I thought a Kawie pipe would be appropriate..
20190510_021509.png

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
What do you guys think of the Kawasaki FJ400 OHV motor ?
I like my ol flathead 341cc but in the long run parts are hard to get, if the motor is in great shape is it very durable ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The Kawasaki FJ400 is a good engine. The problem you'll have is the older Club Car golf cart engines rotate in the opposite direction so the cart would run forward in reverse and reverse in forward.