New Factory OEM Carburetor

Ballscratcher

My question arises from a different model cart but may be helpful to all. On a new factory OEM carburetor I bought there was no visible hi speed adjustments There was a brass screw where one should be . I took it out and there was a adjusting screw under it. So, because I wanted to know I loosened it. It broke loose with a little click so I put it back the way it was figuring it was tight for a reason . OK guys, was I right to tighten it back or not? My golf cart has good fire new fuel and filter but doesn't fire and doesn't seem to be getting any fuel unless I squirt some gas in the plug hole then it does fire.
Thank. Again

Ballscratcher

Well yes and no . After I opened what I think should have been the hi speed screw 1 turn it fired up . ( That is now on my Harley cart ) . But now although it.s got fire , new plug and new fuel it won't fire a lick . My EZ GO cart I adjusted that carb the same and it fires up OK but I know if I go too long it will bog down and die . I pulled mufflers off both , seemed to help some , but they'll do the same again. Back to the Harley , it has no reason it shouldn't fire or run period but it doesn't .