New EZGO Project - Low Rider

BCGC

Well, I picked up a EZGO DCS golf cart project this weekend. We've done the lift kit stuff and we have done the stock height fast cart stuff. I was hoping to shave this one down and make a low rider. Is there a way of just dropping it below stock height with out spending any cash. I just want the look I'm not asking for comfort! I don't care about the wheel well or having to move, cut or bend, i like a simple looking cart lowered to the ground. Can anyone tell how? It has to run, stop, and turn, no draging parts. Please if anyone can get me going in the right direction I'm looking forward to having a EZGO slammer.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
On a stock EZGO suspension you could mount the front axle on top of the springs. If that's not low enough you can add blocks between the axle and springs. Do the same on the rear end. The exact opposite of a lift. You will either need shorter shocks or move the brackets so the shocks don't bottom out.

BCGC

JUST WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR. ANY HINTS ON WHAT SIZE BLOCKS? KEEPING IN MIND I NEED IT TO TURN. BCGC

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If your going with a stock size tire I'd say 2 inches. You might be able to get away with 3 inches but it will be close.

BCGC

HotRodCarts, thank you for all your help on the low rider. I dropped it 2'' chopped the roof down and have the seat kicked back this is the coolest cart I have built yet. I've done everthing from lifted and fast to low torque lifted, stock with good looks this cart is simply the coolest! Thanks this forum rocks!

BCGC

You can see all the picture you want @ baystatecustomgolfcarts.com. The low rider is about 75% done. It will be completed by the 4th of July. I will have the wife take photo's of it this weekend and i will post them on our site. Sorry for that. just have a hard time figuring out how to post on here. Not trying to push our website. cart was chopped 2'' the top of the roof is now 5' high it was lower'd and raked,we re-painted it black, re- did the seat, new led lights, under glows, cd player in dash and a 12'' woofer with 4 -- 7'' speakers and a 1000 watt amp. We cut and shaved down the steering wheel added new floor and diamond plate. It has all new company decals and logo's. It is cool i'm real happy with it so far and couldn't have done it without the help from HotRodCarts and Cartaholics golf cart forum. Sorry no pictures the only ones I have are in my new phone and any one over the age of 35 know's how hard that can be to down load.