New EMP Motor Installed This Weekend

a0106765

Installed my new EMP 2 speed motor and switch this weekend in my 1997 EZ-GO TXT. Took about 30 minutes. Went in and out from the top. Install and hook-up a breeze.

The cart really runs fast both on level ground and up hills. I was passing other electric carts and some gas ones.

If you are installing a motor in a cart like mine I can give you some pointers that I learned on my installation. Even with learning some tricks, it stilll took only about 30 minutes.

I am very pleased and just don't know why anyone would want to run slow again!!

gornoman

Great! Glad it went well.
Which config did you get?
Which controller are you running?
Did you take pix of the upgrade process?

a0106765

I got the LR5.0. It is very fast on level ground and climbs hills much faster. In fact, I just leave it in speed mord and don't switch to torque. When I add my rear seet and take 4 people, I expect I will have to go to torque mode on hills.

i forgot to take pictures, but it was about as easy and straight-forward as one could expect.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

a0106765

I thinking about 60 MPH (LOL).....Seems like that fast when compared to stock. Probably more around 25 MPH.

rhgc

Where did you get the EMP motor from? I've been thinking about putting a 2 speed motor in my cart. I have a 2004 lifted EZ-GO. I use it for hunting and some trail riding. Maybe the two speed motor will solve my low end pulling problems.
thumbup.gif