New charger--did I get screwed?

sherco

I just got a 2007 EZ Go TXT 36 volt cart. When the dealer delivered it he gave me this little EZ Go charger about the size of a loaf of bread, and with a bunch of fins on the side. I've use it for a few days and it does charge the battery. However, I was expecting a bigger charger with a meter and a carry handle on top and about the size of a medium tool box.

Is this something I got cheated on? Should I go back and see if I can get the "regular" charger ?
Is this smaller charger any good ? Thanks to any one who knows about this and will fill me in......fjn

spr

i wouldnt say screwed, i'd actually perfer the smaller chargers. most new chargers are relatively small.

but if you want bigger i'll gladly trade you my lester manual charger off my 78'. its huge.
wink.gif

sherco

Are you saying these small chargers are OK ?------as good as the bigger ones with meters ?

The small one has a series of red/green lights instead of a meter.

spr

does it do the job? yea the bigger ones wothe the meters mite be a bit better but they both give you the same result. besides, the more the charger has on it the more that can go wrong with it.

i'd only take it back if it was a manual timer charger.

sherco

It's called the --- "TM Powerwise QE High Frequency" charger --- and it has Textron-ez go labels on it --if this helps anyone help answer my questions