New Carburetor for Harley Davidson Golf Cart

Steelheader1970

Total noob here. Will a carburetor off amazon fit my golf cart. I think it's a 1978 Harley Davidson, not sure tho. Anyway, I see they fit models from the 60s all the way to 1981 or so. OR do I need to be more specific as I start my journey or repair?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes a Carburetor off of Amazon will fit as long as it's listed for the year of your golf cart but it's a 50/50 chance of getting a god one. You can tell the year by the serial number of the cart. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Steelheader1970

Thanks. Figured it would be a crap shoot. I cleaned the carb on it and noticed the diaphragm is torn. Cart wont run unless its choked.also it need a shot of starting fluid to get going.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's been a couple members here that bought the Amazon carburetors and wound up just using parts out of them to fix their carb.

Ballscratcher

Didn't want to start a new thread , but along the same lines. When I got my new carb I didn't know the correct settings for high and low . Upon checking I saw where the hi speed screw should be there was a small brass screw . I took it out and found an adjusting screw . It was tightly shut .I turned it out to make sure it actually was seated and it was . my question is , is it supposed to be that way ? Another question , does the length of the.thread matter as far as the spark requi red to make sure it fires ?

Steelheader1970

IT DOES.But, I think if threads are to long , you risk hitting top of piston. AND, applies to only certain types of engines. Tho I'm not sure what kind.