New Battery’s Not Fully Charging

Golfgramp

Hey guys. I just replaced my 12 volt batteries with new Trojans. I have a 2004 Precedent. The indicator went right to 100%. Since they came 80% charged I charged them up. Used it this morning and charged it after use. The charger turned off in about 5 hours but the indicator did not move back to 100%. Could it be the charger, OBC, or indicator? Guy I bought the cart from told me that when it did this to just switch it to TOW and back to RUN, but that doesn’t sound right.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Welcome:hattip:

Your going to need a digital voltmeter to check the pack voltage first:twocents:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If it's a digital meter with the LED bars charge the batteries then wait about a hour without using the golf cart then disconnect one of the battery meter wires from the batteries. Wait about 30 seconds and hook the meter back up and that will reset the meter. Make sure you have the run tow switch in the tow position while working on the meter connections. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Golfgramp

Ok, I reset the meter, now it’s overcharging to 60 volts and it was still charging! Is that a charger or OBC problem?