Thanks for the quick reply ... hubby still sleeping, will give infor when he's awake. it is a stock motor, specifics on the others to follow.
Odd thing is we lifted it about 3 weeks ago, had replaced all the batteries and they were installed at a golf cart place in near Hickory NC.by the owner.
We used it for about 3 weekends with no problems at a at a campground in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts. in Nebo NC. Friday night pulling up a hill that we have traveled quite often smelled the plastic in the air and got back to the site to see the post of battery had melted.
The golf cart place replaced the battery and my husband reinstalled it yesterday making sure the contacts were tight. It's starting to do the same thing again, lead wire to main battery getting very warm, almost too hot to touch. He said the solenoid was warm too.
How come it would start all the sudden.
Again, will send more specifics.