new batteries ,new cables still no go

s_man692000

Hey guys ,Im new to the forum,but not totally new to electric golf cars.We have a 98 EZ-GO ,that sat for a few months over the winter and recently we wanted to bring it back in service.The old batteries were swelled really bad and several years old.We just picked up new ones and installed them...still no go.Changed all the battery cables along with the tow/maintenance switch and still no go.At first it wants to go,will move maybe 2 feet really strong and then thats it.Reverse it just sits and shutters ,will sometimes start to back up when letting back off the pedal.After this happens when you turn the key to "off" it beeps ,in neutral,forward, reverse.When the key is on it beeps only in neutral.If anyone may have a suggestion on what to check,it would be a big help.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

What is your total battery pack voltage?
Are you sure ALL cable connections are clean and tight, batteries, controller, solenoid, motor? Double check that you have the batteries wired correctly...
The symptoms you describe can also be caused by a bad controller or a bad solenoid on a DCS cart. Also always make sure to place the run tow switch in the tow position when working with any cables,. One small arc can blow a DCS controller...

shadowman

double check make your you wired them right......you still have a battery problem so go over everything you did..................................
cool.gif

gornoman

Measure the pack voltage at the cart charge receptacle. This will indicate if the batteries are wired correctly.

s_man692000

Total battery voltage is 37.4 ,All connections/cables are NEW, tight and ofcourse clean as the batteries are brand new.New solenoid ,and new tow /maint switch.It is definitely wired correctly .Thanks,I have that diagram and will go over it today again with my voltmeter .Im kinda leaning to a bad controller,as one of my guys was working on it before me and arched it at the solenoid ? But I could be wrong about that.

shadowman

ok you never mentioned the arch before.......so yes its possible he toasted the controller but before that does your solenoid have a diode and resistor mounted to it? if so have you checked to make sure they are still good, it is possible though that it could be the controller................................
cool.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Was the run tow switch on tow when you did the work? Did you have any sparks when installing the batteries? DCS controllers can't take arcs very well.